Show Cage Water Bottle

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfstache

Beware the 2 headed chin
I have been trying to figure out how to order the parts to make a water bottle for a show cage using rubber stoppers, ball tipped water tubes, and baby food jars but I can't seem to find anything that says exactly which parts to order and where to order them from. I was considering making some using edstrom valves and pvc pipe but my cages at home are all set up with the ball tip valves, so I figure it'd be best to try to keep it the same. Anyone know where to get the right parts? Trying to find parts in a local store would be awesome, but ordering would be find just so long as I knew what to order.

I had the same issue when I was looking to set some up for going to shows. Even though my chins are mostly on Edstrom style valves, I took a shot with glass tips, wire holders (which you can make your own if you have the heavy gauge inch by two wire) and rubber stoppers from Ryerson's website. They work great and the chins take to them fine. It is difficult finding the month old baby food jars as they are smaller than 98% of the baby food jars, but I did find them at Walmart (as much as I hate them). Just measure the stopper size and measure the jar size before you buy lots of baby food. Or you can just look at the majority of baby food jar opening diameters and find one that is smaller, it is likely that one ;) Anyhow, hope this helps.

thanks for the tip. :) I didn't even know that baby food jars came in different sizes, but that is good to know. I actually ended up ordering some of the Lixit replacement stoppers with the medium size water tubes. I'm hoping these will work the way I want them to. If not at least I know there is another option to look for.

Back