should i keep this playpen??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
my fiance' was trying to be sweet because he feels bad that i have to keep running up & down the stairs for the 6 chins in my basement.
so he was out and go this for me:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751767

i was planning on getting the ware pop up tent. i feel this is a little small but if i had 2 together that would work well too. he also bought the cover for the top.

i feel bad returning it because i know his heart was in the right place but i also dont want it to go to waste.

my choices are to return it and get the pop up tent or keep it and wait a bit and get a 2nd one to make 2 sections. thoughts???

If you put two of those together, you won't be able to use the cover but you could cover it with a sheet or blanket.

I think you should thank him and tell him how super sweet it was of him to think of it for you, but you had really been excited about the Ware playpen and it might be easier for you to use because it's so portable.

Then take it back and get what you want :)

I have that playpen, but got two of them to make one big playpen. My chin has never tried to jump over it, but I know that other chins are bigger jumpers than mine it. A blanket or cardboard over the top would make for a safer environment.

I have that playpen as well and I really like it. Two of them put together is just perfect. Plus it is fairly easy to store. I have chinchillas that try to escape any way possible but they have yet to try and jump over it. If the ware one is the one I'm thinking of I know my chinnies would chew through it in minutes.

i was thinking if i got two of them and kept the doors open and attached at that spot, so they could jump thru i could still use the covers. so they would sorta have 2 separate sections. i wasnt planning on making one big play yard, although that is an option as well. i could also have more than one chin out at a time if i set up separate. i just dont know if it is cost effective.

i put them in it last night and it didnt seem like they could jump out of it even without the cover but i didnt have too many toys in there, just a dust house and a plastic tube.

i heard so many good things about the pop up tent.......that i thougth that would be ideal. my only con to that is that i would have to open it & close it every time, and this play yard just kinda folds closed.

i feel SO bad, cause he was SO excited. plus he used HIS money from craigs list sales of his stuff. lol

I have that play pen and Just set it up as a U shape and use the cage to close it off. If i'm in it with them they don't try to jump out (3 different sets of chins.) but if I leave I have a couple jumpers that can clear it. Now that I have a chin room I use it to block of the door, closet and lamp. Its more of a barrier than a play pen now and works great that way too!

Latest posts

Back