Shopping Problem?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy_Bunny

Anyone else have a hard time controlling their shopping urges for the chins? I constantly want to buy things for the boys (even if I don't need it haha). What is that one item that you constantly find yourself buying for your chins?

Oh me me me! Always wanting to buy new toys & chews... It's like an unending love. So ridiculous. Every pet store, every chin online shop. Bad ridiculous money obsession.

This is one of my biggest problems lol.

I did just get mine a few months ago so I've still got plenty of things to buy him yet.
Fleece is my biggest expense, aside from the cage and initial supplies. I spent over $150 in fleece and I haven't used half of it. Part of it was because I didn't know how much I would need, and that I was still learning how to make the liners. I find myself also wanting to buy ledges because they are a better quality than the ones I made him.

I'm waiting for two more paychecks before I buy a bunch of treats, herbs and wood. I want to get samples so I can determine what he likes. :)

Me, me, me! My husband is starting to think I've gone crazy these days. The closer the time gets to my baby boy getting here, the more shopping I do! I'm up to an average of $30 a day....I need serious help!!!! LOL

It is so easy to spoil chinchillas! I don't even want to calculate how much I've spent on them. It's calmed down a bit, but every so often I go on chin spending sprees and spend like $200 on new supplies in a week.

Fleece. I just can't pass up fleece with a cute pattern. I just bought a whole bunch today because Joann Fabric was having a 50% off sale. >.<

Addiction help!

I can tell already I'm gonna be addicted to cute fleece also and my baby's not even here yet...Here's the pattern I'm starting him off with..I'm sure I'll be getting to know Shelly at "Fleece for Furries" really well! :cute:

Attachments

• 1506575_690219274373899_1033613712_n.jpg
    1506575_690219274373899_1033613712_n.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 21
Oh man, I'm having way too much fun spoiling my little girl. I've had her just over a month, and the more I learn about her and the more I want to make her home perfect. She came to me with "all supplies" and I've almost completely revamped her cage!

I'm constantly shopping for chin stuff, and compulsively checking the classifieds on this site! It gets expensive when you have over 30 chins... but I just can't help myself. I have some though that will destroy $20 fleece houses in under 24 hours :banghead: They always get switched to wooden ones...

I admit it.. I have an addiction problem....staying up late looking at new ways to make toys for the chins..trying to budget in a few more ways to make the runs a wee bit more comfy for them.:hmm:

Well fleece here like everyone else has said. I haven't even finished my first project yet but I keep wandering over to the scrap bins at craft stores to see if there's anything. My plan of "sewing Saturdays" with family and friends with projects isn't really working.
Also, I discovered I collect cages. Not nice big finished cages. Ones that I could see being good with a little work-like taking out that mesh bottom over the pan, getting off the rust and re-galvanizing it. Or I get too small of cages in cage of emergency carrier needs? Like the 3 rabbit cages and one dog cage I got today for $10 and the free birdcage on the side of the road yesterday...at least if a horde of rescues come my way I'll have some temporary housing?
I guess I'm a project collector. If I had more money I think Yuki's have all the possible treat, toy, wood thing, and any other variation anybody sells. I'm so lucky to have my own wood to do. I have never-ending grapevine and Yuki loves it thank goodness. (In theory I also have never-ending blackberry but who wants to do the thorns :p ) Otherwise wood costs would be through the roof. I shudder to think of how much money Yuki would chew if I bought the petstore's eight twigs for $4 or whatever it is. I think he'd do a pack a day at least. :)

Back