Shop Vac tubing and weak hands......

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eroomlorac

Poppy the mosaic squibbit
I am finding it very difficult to pull apart the tubing on my Shop Vac and also removing the attachments. My hands are getting weak as I get older and the tubing on my Shop Vac is 2.5 inches. I have trouble gripping it and twisting/pulling the tubes apart. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make this task any easier? Today I smeared a little Vaseline on the tubes to see if it will ease pulling them apart. I haven't tried to pull them apart yet to see if it's any easier. Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Spray an old rag with WD40 or Pam cooking spray. Wipe the inside of the attachment a bit and the hose end. Might help.

Any advice for my knee that won't move when it's cold. I might have turned 49 yesterday..........but I have a MIND LIKE A STEEL TRAP. Snorts......:rofl:

I would try spraying the dry silicone aerosol powder like you can get at Lowe's and spray where parts slide inside each other. Another simple trick I have to use(poor hand strength too) is just put on some of the Playtex dishwashing gloves.They work great for getting grip/opening jars,etc.

I would try spraying the dry silicone aerosol powder like you can get at Lowe's and spray where parts slide inside each other. Another simple trick I have to use(poor hand strength too) is just put on some of the Playtex dishwashing gloves.They work great for getting grip/opening jars,etc.

Ah, great idea. Rubber gloves. I'll give that a try along with the other suggestions.

Latest posts

Back