Shelves made...My FN is on it's way. Extra wood question....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelleideeaz1

Soooo excited I had to share..My FN 182 will be here on Monday. I spent today buying the KD pine and we made 10 shelves for the new cage. I power sanded off all the corners of them so there are no sharp edges on the shelves. I have a leftover piece of pine about 28" long and was wondering if I can just cut that into 2" pieces for my new chin to gnaw on????

PS.. Bonus! They gave me a free 23" slab of granite at Home Depot that they had laying around..Free Chinchiller! :)

You can cut them up and give them to your chin, it's fine. :)

I went to HD to get some granite and they were all $40 or more... I couldn't find scraps anywhere. >.<

I remember the excitement of getting my first FN, so I completely understand the need to share. =) It will be worth every cent you paid for it. Just a head's up: you will need someone available to help with the set up.

I took 3 pieces of leftover wood, drilled holes at the top and fed chain through it. Hung it over the top shelf. My boy is on his 2nd set.

I made and extra 4 shelves (spares) and then used the extra wood for toys. Enjoy your new cage. It was the best investment I've made for the chins.

what wood did you use for your shelves? here in the uk it seems impossible to get white pine. all we have is redwood pine.

Latest posts

Back