Shelf on horizontal cage bars?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amorjessica

I'm not sure how to word this, but:

I have a wooden platform/shelf that I want to put in my chin's cage. There's two screws on the back (one on the left and one on the right) that I can put washers on. The bars on the cage are horizontal, so whenever I try to put the shelf in it just falls down.

What's the proper way to do this? :wacko:

Without pics, I can't quite figure out what you mean...but from what I am gathering, the washers just fall through the bars? If this is the case, you could go to Home Depot and find wider washers that still work with the hardware you have (ie, the hole fits through while being wider). Otherwise, I think we need pics to figure out how to help you.

I don't know what kind of cage you have, but normally I would put at least one of the bolts at an intersection between vertical and horizontal bars. Also, make sure the washer is on the outside... (I have seen people try to mount shelves with the washers on the inside before...)

Take a tip form those ferret food bowls. Get a proper sized bolt going through have a small peice of wood on each side that can grab the bars instead of the washers if their not working. then use a fly screw to keep it in place

Latest posts

Back