She nibbles my ring?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie_2013

Eleanor likes to nibble on my class ring, is it normal for chinchilla's to nibble on rings? I usually take my ring off when I have my hands in her cage, or during play time.

Chins will nibble on anything and everything. It's up to you to make sure what they nibble on is appropriate.

It's just something different, and they're interested. I always wear hair ties/rubber bands (silly bands!) around my wrist, and E likes to make a game out of going straight for them when I open the cage. He runs, bites, and flees! He's even won a few times.

If I put my head in the cage where he can reach me, Flea will snatch my glasses and take off. They like anything novel or shiny.

My cockatiel was chomping on my ring when I saw a flash of something arc and flip away. I thought she had chipped her beak, but I couldn't see anything. Turns out she popped the big diamond in my wedding ring out, and it was not a cheap, easy to break setting, so be careful. You could try just turning the ring around in your palm while with them

From my experience, if a hand is inside his domain, it is to be chewed on. And that includes anything that may be on the hand.

Back