Sewing!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanitheTulip

I LUV MY BABY!

Im having so much fun being a new Chin Mom! They are amazingly smart little creatures! Im really enjoying sewing up hammocks and super cute matching cage liners. He loves the fleece liners and his hammock. I think i might be getting a little crazy with it though. I change his liners out twice a week at least, and vacuum his cage out everyday. He seems to like the attention and the clean cage. :sewing:

All of my guys enjoy hopping over the vacuum tube and riding it when I clean their cages out. It's great that they're not scared and make it harder!
I'd be just like you, if not worse, if I had a sewing machine! They should be thankful. I'd probably have enough variations to change the cages around every day. Keep sewing and they'll keep playing!

I know how you feel. I'm intending to learn how to sew just so I can make my own liners, hammocks and cuddle buddies! But of course, I'm stumped by currently not owning a sewing machine.
I think that when I get one and can change the liners every couple days rather than once a week they'll be much happier guys. They love a clean cage; I joke that they're ocd just like me!

hmmm...... i have a snuggie i don't use that is getting hacked up tonight, old hand towels that haven't seen the bathroom in at least a year, a sewing machine collecting dust in the closet, and lots of spare time. woo hoo! lol.

I did all the liners for the boys and even got a new sewing machine to do it. All of the things that chinchillas need are fairly easy to sew so they would be good projects to learn with.

Im having so much fun being a new Chin Mom! They are amazingly smart little creatures! Im really enjoying sewing up hammocks and super cute matching cage liners. He loves the fleece liners and his hammock. I think i might be getting a little crazy with it though. I change his liners out twice a week at least, and vacuum his cage out everyday. He seems to like the attention and the clean cage. :sewing:

Hmm I might just have to hire you to do some of my sewing until I can replace the cord my Cockatoo chewed into pieces!!!! :tease:

Wal-mart has a good selection of machines and cheap fleece. I saw a machine for 70$ and its a super easy one to use. One good thing about fleece is it doesnt unravel when its washed so for making cage liners you really only need to cut out the size you need. Its super easy and fun!

LOL! That i could do! I made Miguel an awesome hammock, and it was super easy! Im going to make him a teddy next. One thing i thought was funny is that he hasnt chewed on any of his fleece things i have made him. Not even the little pillow i made, that he likes to sit on while he drinks from his bottle. He gets more social ever day! He loves getting rubs and coming out to play. He likes to sit om my computer while i lay in bed. Its so cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart was where I got my machine too. It lasted all maybe 5 days. I was so MAD at my cockatoo. He's an escape artist, and what did he do? Flew to the top of my dining room table and chewed my cord into 3 pieces. My kids were less than 5 feet from him, when he did it! Luckily I have the habit of unplugging anything, but haven't touched it since last year.
I'll certain be talking to you if I don't get my cord replaced soon. Also looking for someone to make cages too. You said your pops likes to make things? Or was that someone else? I could be a bad influence and tempt you with oh say more Chins! (when your ready of course!)

You can often find older sewing machines on craigslist for cheap, older is usually better when it comes to those. I found mine for 25 bucks.

Latest posts

Back