Sewing Machine!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo10

So I found my sewing machine today!! :) But I don't know how to use one :( Can anyone teach me the basics?:hmm:

yeah try looking up your particular brand/model on there. Could try searching online too for a manual... as people have said, they are pretty easy to use, truly the trickiest part is threading it depending on the kind you have. good luck !

Since the title of the thread is sewing machine I thought I'd add the fact that I saw one on sale at Walmart for 50 bucks, I think it was a Black Friday special. Check online

ok. Singers are good. And not too hard to work with.... but there's tons of them so idk what model you have.

If you don't have a manual for it there are plenty of places that sell them online pretty cheap. It may also need a tune up too. I just bought one a few weeks ago off of craigslist, it is a kenmore that does 3 stitches. My best guess is that it was made in the early 80's. I'm still trying to figure out how to work it, the last time I used a sewing machine was 21 years ago in home ec. I've figured out how to do the top thread but not the bobbin thread yet. I figure if I cannot figure it out I am going to put an ad on craigslist to find someone to help me. I bought mine to make hammocks for our rats and maybe the chins.

Sewing machines can defiantly seem very complicated at first, at least I scratched my head for a long time. I ended up watching a few how-tos on you tube before I got it. So don't get discouraged and keep at it, it's a lot of fun sewing up blankets for the chins (almost as much fun as making the wooden shelves. )
I found the hardest part to start was figuring out how to use the bobbin properly. But once it's all threaded properly get an old t-shirt and sew on it for a bit and it will all come together nicely :)

lol... I'm thinking about saving up and getting myself a brand new sewing machine! :)

A new sewing machine is just going to have more things to be confused about. Stick with the one you have and just teach yourself using youtube and manuals and such. Once you have the hang of it then you can decide to spend money on a newer machine.

agreed. A new one will sew just like an old one, my grams has an ooooold one. The kind that is part of a table and can flip down so u can use it as just a table... works just as good as my newer singer....

really truly the basic thing you need to know is how to thread it. all the other settings and things are just frills.

Latest posts

Back