setting up a FN

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxchincerelyxo

PM for pet portraits <3
How hard is it to set up a FN 142? My cage got delivered last night and I'm planning on setting it up when I get home from work...but was just hoping it wouldn't be too hard to do :err:

Most people are able to do it themselves. It doesn't hurt to have another person, though. Holding the panels while tightening them seems to be the biggest issue.

An electric screwdriver is definitely recommended.

Yeah it is definitely a plus to have an extra set of hands, but there is nothing "difficult" about putting them together. Me and my hubby have put together 3 of them recently.

I think I'd sucker one of my friends into coming over for pizza night or something..lol!

If you have someone helping you I bet you can get the whole thing assembled in less than an hour. Its really not complicated...like I said, there is just a couple times when extra hands are very useful!!

If you have someone helping you I bet you can get the whole thing assembled in less than an hour. Its really not complicated...like I said, there is just a couple times when extra hands are very useful!!

I called the boyfriend to ask him to come home because I need two extra hands and he wouldn't agree to it until I said that "I needed a mans help" :sick:

I am the handy one in the house (literally fix everything!!!) so he is loving this moment *snort*

Ha ha!!
Do whatever you need to do to stroke his ego (and get your FN together)..men love that..lmao!!

I called the boyfriend to ask him to come home because I need two extra hands and he wouldn't agree to it until I said that "I needed a mans help" :sick:

I am the handy one in the house (literally fix everything!!!) so he is loving this moment *snort*
I'm Ms. Fix-it too, but I love seeing my bf in action. lol
I love that look he gives me when I ask him to open a jar, or reach something high (I'm almost 5'2" lol). He always says, "what would you do without me?" And I say, "Have less to clean up!" LOL ;)

Just don't drop one of the walls on your foot - it's no fun! That happened to me when I was helping my former roommate set up hers.

I'm tiny but got all 3 of mine put together by myself. It would definitely help to have someone else to help you though, mainly to hold panels in place.

I'm Ms. Fix-it too, but I love seeing my bf in action. lol
I love that look he gives me when I ask him to open a jar, or reach something high (I'm almost 5'2" lol). He always says, "what would you do without me?" And I say, "Have less to clean up!" LOL ;)

Ha my boyfriend started putting my groceries on the top shelf of our pantry just so I'd have to ask him (or get a chair) to get them down:help2:

But yes...I have seen the look and I could hear it in his voice today that he was just loving the crap out of me asking him for help...:tease:

I'M not sure but let me know how it goes I am wanting to get one in the future if I don't find a use one i'm getting a new one cuz my hubby does help me put stuff together BUT I may do it myself LOL

ummmmm okay well I'm 5'2 putting one together on my own with no power tools...

is this going to be very unfun???:huh:

Its very simple...Im 5.5'' I think :D I know when i tried to balance sides of it whilst stretching to get the screwdriver fell many times...Mum was downstairs laughing as all she could hear were loud bangs but I didn't want her help, LOL. I loved building it....A lot easier than I thought it would be :)

Its very simple...Im 5.5'' I think :D I know when i tried to balance sides of it whilst stretching to get the screwdriver fell many times...Mum was downstairs laughing as all she could hear were loud bangs but I didn't want her help, LOL. I loved building it....A lot easier than I thought it would be :)

I think I'll be fine. I am going to borrow a electric screwdriver from my work and the boyfriend can help if I need him, or I'll send him off to the gym if I got it.

Thanks everyone for the info though! Makes me a lot less nervous lol:hug2:

Wow, you all are so short. I'm almost jealous, I bet its easier to find clothes. I'm 5'11" nearly 6', it bugs the crap out of my ex/roommate (thats a fun combo) cause he is two inches shorter.

Anyway good luck with your FN! Make the boyfriend cookies and let him bask in his short time of usefullness. Lol!

Wow, you all are so short. I'm almost jealous, I bet its easier to find clothes. I'm 5'11" nearly 6', it bugs the crap out of my ex/roommate (thats a fun combo) cause he is two inches shorter.

Anyway good luck with your FN! Make the boyfriend cookies and let him bask in his short time of usefullness. Lol!

It really isn't that easy to find clothes...unless I shop in kid stores because the pants are too **** long. I learned to sew because I've had to hem my pants all my life lol.

But I still feel your pain. Why can't we be normal height lol...

My height doesn't even make sense. My parents and my sister are all 5'7, my older brother is 6'2 and my little brother (who is 12 keep in mind) is an inch taller than me already!!! I am the smallest person in my family next to my shrinking grandma.

I'm going to be one of those little old people that you can put in your pocket and walk away without anyone noticing :wave5:

Latest posts

Back