Separate One Chinchilla From A Group

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nana

Hi. I have a question to all of you, chinchilla experts...
I have 4 wonderful chin girls.
They were about two years old and have been caged together in a FN142 cage. The leader of the girls is a responsible, kind, and active girl, and because of her, the group has been getting along wonderfully.

I was just diagnosed with a Rheumatoid Arthoritis, which is rare for young pelple, but the cause is unknown could be genetic or could be anything, and I could eventurally have joint problems especially in fingers. That could happen to any of the joints, and they may be diformed. I may not have more sever symptoms for a long time, but right now, I have stiff fingers when I use them too much, which is the reason for which I went to check up. Because of my illness, I decided rehoming my chinchillas soon because I may have hard time handling them with the illness once it develops...

If don't find a good home, I can keep them until I find one since I am still ok as far as my health is concerned. Anyway, forget my condition. It's about the girls.

Recently, a student girl offered me to adopt one of the girls.
I asked if she could take at least two girls together, but she just want one.
She had a chin before, but the chin died of old age. (23 yr old or so/ she got him when he was 17).
I am sure that she is a good chin owner. She has FN2, chin bath, and all. She is studying to be a vet tech. She loves animals.

Would the one chin suffer to be alone if she were adopted out alone, you think?
I am sure that the girl will handle her and let her have tones of play time, but the chin has never been caged alone in her entire life.

Please advise me. Should I keep her with other girls until I find a home that would adopt all of them or at leaset two of them? Or do you think that she will have a blast getting all the attention from her new owner?

:hug2:

Last edited:
Great question! I wonder if my chin is happier on her own, or if she'd rather be with her previous playmates too. She also went from having a whole room to playpen for her out-of-cage area. Good luck!

Back