Seizure???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TmG

I just got done moving my chinchilla into a new cage. He took to it well although he was nibbling on the plastic. I was sitting there
watching him when all of a sudden he came out of one of the tunnels and fell to his left side. I thought he was laying down but he kept kicking his right leg up like he was trying to stand up. It didn't last long. I called his name a few times and then he got back up but his left front paw didn't seem to work. He's fine now. Nothing seems wrong. I'm not sure if he was having a seizure or not. Does anybody have a clue as to if it was or not? I'm leaving on vacation in five days and want to no if I should take him to the vet before I leave.

I would take him to a vet, better safe than sorry. Also, keep a close eye on him and if he does it again try to catch it on camera if possible. Sometimes chins can have a seizure if their blood sugar gets too low but that is generally linked to over-exerting themselves while running around outside of their cage and it doesn't sound like that is what was happening in this situation. He may also have had a stroke.

Latest posts

Back