Seeking cage recommendations for largest possible within specific dimensions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfed

Hi all,

I'm looking to invest in a new cage for my chin. I have a specific place in my home I'd like it to go, and I'd like it to be as large as possible while still fitting in that space. (Due to my work schedule and small living space full of chin-unfriendly wires, my poor guy doesn't get much out-of-cage playtime. I'd like his cage to be as roomy as possible.)

The area I'm wanting to fill up with cage space has the following dimensions:

Max width of 58"

Max height of 41"

Max depth of 24"

In looking for cages, most of the larger options I've found are taller than my 41" max and not nearly as wide as my 58" max.

What are your recommendations for large, high-quality cages which would fit within the space I've specified?

I don't particularly trust my craftsmanship... I'd like to be sure it's well-constructed.

Not sure of your budget, but CagesByDesign.com also have a customization section.

This is my cage that I built myself. Using smaller scale pieces you could probably get really close to your dimensions.

The cage material is shelving from Home Depot and you can get it in numerous sizes and lengths.

Cage%20with%20branches.jpg

This is my cage that I built myself. Using smaller scale pieces you could probably get really close to your dimensions.

The cage material is shelving from Home Depot and you can get it in numerous sizes and lengths.

Cage%20with%20branches.jpg

Do you have any closer pics of the corners and such? I'd like to use your design myself if that's okay.

Back