Scared the heck out of me!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacd061506

My new girlie, TOV Tan white (Brennan), was running all around her cage during cleaning time. I turned around to get something and when I looked back I dropped what was in my hand and ran over to the cage, she was just laying there....I thought she had a heart attack or something...I was afraid to touch her, but after looking close I realized she was breathing. So I snapped some photos before poking her....the first pictures are what made me drop everything and freak out!

Attachments

• brennan1.JPG
    brennan1.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 46
  • brennan2.JPG
    brennan2.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 46
  • brennan3.JPG
    brennan3.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 46
  • brennan4.JPG
    brennan4.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 46
  • brennan5.JPG
    brennan5.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Then I poked her and she jumped right up and was like "why are you poking me mom" .......geez!

I know a few of you have had similar scares and I've never had this happen before! She's only been here about 2 wees and is already so comfy here that she has been sleeping like this for about a week (first time was at only being here 1 week!!!)

Attachments

• brennan6.jpg
    brennan6.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 26
  • brennan7.jpg
    brennan7.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 22
they can scare the devil out of you when they do that. I had a female who slept on her back with her eyes open. Even after 10 years of doing this it would scare me. She stopped as she got older. She died at 13 years of age.

My boy started sleeping like that after two weeks when I first got him. It freaked me out the first time, but at this point I'm used to it because he does it practically everyday. I just saw him actually in the process of lying down which made me laugh because he went from being on all fours to pretty much falling to his side like a downed tree then snoozes away.

Now he freaks me out by being extra vocal. :laughitup:

Latest posts

Back