Saw Rudy laying on her side, scared the crap out of me.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudy

I've never seen her lay on the side before and thought something had happen to her. Turns out she was just sleeping. Thank god shes okay, my heart rate jumped a few notches for a minute there.

The first time I saw my chin laying on her side, I did indeed think she was dead and was afraid to approach her cage. I have seen her this way several times since, and immediately run to grab the camera!

I've only had the girls about 2 weeks, and have noticed that Willow sleeps like that a lot! The first time I saw it, the kits were jumping all over her and she wasn't moving...about 2 days after they got here...I nearly had a heart attack thinking I had already lost one!! Now I'm getting used to seeing her sleep that way, although I usually still check her to make sure she's okay!

Both my chinnies will lay on their sides...i was the same when i first saw them doing it, i was in a big panic thinking they were too hot :D Now the panic is over i think it looks sweet :D

The first time I saw my chin laying on her side, I did indeed think she was dead and was afraid to approach her cage. I have seen her this way several times since, and immediately run to grab the camera!

Me too! Chinchy's the only one who doesn't sleep in his hidey house, so he treats me to cuteness regularly. He loves sleeping on the fleece like that right after I change the fleece.

I know what you mean. I freaked today when I saw one of my chins sleeping on her back, feet in the air. I thought she was dead but as soon as I touched the cage she jumped up. I was so relieved!

yea, first tiem i saw mine on their side i freaked to. Of course mine oldest male has a heart murmor and has occasionly had sezures. So i was extremly freaked when i saw it. Even to this day i still get a little bit hyped over seeing them liek that. And if i wake em they always give me that look like 'wtf man.. trying to sleep here!'

I saw Chubs laying on his side for the first time and I panicked and called the vet. It happened on a day that we had heat wave and the ac unit broke while i was at work. Although the room is also central aired it was still close to 80 degrees in that room (3rd floor) that's why I have a separate unit in there. I quickly brought them down in the basement and a little bit after is when I saw him on his side from heat stroke. The vet told me to hold the chinchilla in front of a open freezer door. What was he thinking? To my understanding that can cause a chin to go in shock. So I just took out some frozen marble slab and put a thin fleece over it and layed him on it. I was soooooo relieved he made it through. Put a brand new ac unit in the room.

Trixie does that often when she naps in her wheel. I usually see a flat lump of fur..with the tail sitting straight out. Once in a while she will move just enough to move the wheel a bit. Rick (my husband) said it is like she is rocking herself to sleep.

both my chins do that one of them thinks he owns the marble when I put it in there so he lays across the whole thing so for some reason the other one lays under there food dispenser and just sleeps there it freaked me out the first time i seen them do that. one of them try's to play in his wheel but he kinda broke it so it wont spin when he is on it lol.

Latest posts

Back