Saw my 1st tornado today...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
I drove home today to pick some stuff up I had in storage. The weather said no chance of storms today. I stopped by my old work to visit with some friends, heard a few rumbles of thunder, and someone ran in to say a tornado was touching down outside...I'm still freaked out! But of course we all had to go out there and look. There was one reported tornado touch down and 4 funnel clouds spotted in the city. I was in the lucky spot where the one touched down briefly then went back up. I'm still paranoid and freaked out!

funnel_cloud_6_20100812174940_640_480.JPG
User_Submitted_Image_20100812183408_640_480.JPG

Here's pictures of all the funnel clouds spotted....

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/weather/photos-of-funnel-cloud-in-vincennes

Last edited:
Yikes! Stacie that's scary as heck for sure. Aren't the cars supposed to be going the other way in that second pic. Anyway, I'm glad your safe.

Thanks everyone! Taking pictures may not have been the smartest thing now that I think of it. LOL. But the chins were 3 hours away safe, so I didn't really have any reason to be in hysterics. Thankfully the only damage was a downed tree.

I used to live in the midwest. I went through my share of tornados. They're scary. I remember in kindergarten having to run from the school bus into the school. I couldn't breath because the wind was so strong. The rain was going sideways and hail was pelting us in the face. It was horrible. Now i don't have to worry about tornados so much, just hurricanes..lol

Back