Saving on Shipping?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like to be contacted if there is extra room in your box so you can order fill?

• Yes

Votes: 31 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
LOL! Ronda, I in the past have added extra wood to an order...few oz. here...few oz there...or just extra little stuff like toss toys or perches...whatever...

Anyhow, story is that I mentioned it to my b/f that I added in extra wood...like by the oz (say they ordered 1.5lbs of sticks I'd stick in 1.75) and he told me I was stupid :) Seriously though, he pointed out that very few people would realize the extra poundage. They DO tend to notice made up goodies though.

As far as your post, I've nevered ordered from you...and generally when I order it's "just get me what I want" BUT I think it's very polite of the seller to let the buyer know. A LOT of people ARE concerned about filling the box with today's shipping prices!

I love knowing if I have extra room! I always take advantage to fill the dead space.

Same, I would love to be contacted if there's room in my box (and if it doesn't really make much change to the shipping price, especially if it's going to be flat rate shipping). I would probably just order more to fill it up.

If it's flat rate, I want to know if there is more room - the only thing stopping me from placing larger orders is shipping!

I do find it amazing every time I find little extra goodies that I didn't order, it reminds me that the people who sell here are people and not computers :))

ha-i've spent hours on the math and doubled the money i was planning to spend to get the best shipping cost for the most stuff.
it's an awesome idea.

Looks like everybody is in favor of being notified even if they don't take advantage of the extra room every time. It actually pains me to have to send a half empty box to someone and that's the main reason I notify people.

Yes, I like to add extra things to the box. It gives you a sample and I'm just like everybody else - I like to get free stuff too so figure your chinnies would too!

Thanks for all the responses - I'll keep notifying of extra room.

Ronda

Looks like everybody is in favor of being notified even if they don't take advantage of the extra room every time. It actually pains me to have to send a half empty box to someone and that's the main reason I notify people.

Yes, I like to add extra things to the box. It gives you a sample and I'm just like everybody else - I like to get free stuff too so figure your chinnies would too!

Thanks for all the responses - I'll keep notifying of extra room.

Ronda

Half full ;)

lol I personally would like to be notified and I doubt that anyone would take offense to it.

I would love to know, especially for those flat rate boxes.
It's also great to get surprises! Three out of three times I have ordered items and extra treats have come along with them. :))

Wow - you guys are awesome! Since I ship mostly in the flat rate boxes I'll keep letting you know when there is extra room. I like saving money and like to pass savings on to others.

Ronda

I would like to be told if there is extra space in the box for sure. I am overseas and have ordered a lot of things from the US as I can't get them over here and I always had to discuss and have them investigate postage costs and weights to get the most I could..Postage was always a nightmare!

i think that be a great idea. cuz usually Im guessing if theres any other room left for the rate for shipping and so on =)

I added a poll to the thread.

Thanks for adding the poll!

Yes, flat rate postage out of the US is expensive and you can only ship 20 lbs in the box. I make sure to keep the weight of a medium box under 20 lbs when I send dust to Singapore. It's kind of crazy the limit the weight on both the medium box and large box to 20 lbs international yet charge more shipping for the large box.

Ronda

shipping, i think, has gotten too high, when i order from people i always tell them to let me know if there is room left in the box and i load it up.

Looks like everybody who voted wants to be informed of extra room in the box. Lots of good comments everybody!

Thanks!

Ronda

Yes! I would love to know how much room is left (if any) because hat may very well be the deciding factor on me ordering more products!!!

Latest posts

Back