Saturday, October 6, 2012 Colorado ECBC October Field Day

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn & The Chins

The Chinchilla WhisKerer
10/06/12 SAVE THE DATE!!!

At our Annual Branch meeting last Saturday, it was determined that Colorado WOULD have a fall show!!!

We hope that anyone who sees this will feel free to come and support our Branch.

Details will come as soon as The Board decides them, but it will be in Ft. Collins, not Denver as it has been previously.

Would love a preliminary show of support from those who could possibly attend, just for planning purposes. Please post here.

WOO HOO!!! I'm so excited!!! I hope YOU are, too!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No else has said anything. Anyone from here planning on going to this show besides Lynn and I? It will be fun! Still early enough to get ready for it. ;)

Yeah, Ash, have you been in touch with Bob Ducey??? I'd like to get the official details posted -- it's getting late...

Nope I have not heard from him. Do you have his number, if not I can give it to you. I'll try to give him a call tomorrow.

WOO HOO!!! Here Are The Colorado Show Details!!!

COLORADO ECBC
Fall Field Day and Partial Claiming Show
Saturday, October 6, 2012. One day show.

LaQuinta Inn, 970-493-7800
3709 E. Mulberry Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524

For room reservations, rate $87.20, use group #697.
Room block released two weeks prior to show.

Make your reservations early – this weekend is Colorado State University’s Homecoming.

Show: 10 Class Standard Live Animal Show
Mutation Live Animal Show

Entries: 20 standard / 20 mutation

Entry fees: $6 per animal for members
$8 per animal, non-E.C.B.C. members

Special fees: With entry of 20 or more total animals
$5 members / $7 nonmember per animal

Setup: October 5, Friday evening at 4 P.M.

Entry: Friday after setup is complete
Saturday morning 6 A.M. to 9 A.M.

Judging Starts at 10 A.M. Saturday, October 6

Cleanup: Saturday, October 6, immediately following the show.
ALL Animals must be removed from the show room by Saturday evening.

Judges: TBA

Awards: Ribbons for 1st-5th
Traveling Trophies for Standard/Mutation Grand Show, Reserve Grand Show.

Branch Rules: If a non-member wins the Traveling Trophy, the Branch retains the trophy. The non-member may have the winner’s name & date engraved at the non-member’s expense.

ALL ANIMALS MUST BE CAGED.

Claiming Prices are $50 to $500.

Claiming Show Rules
The Branch retains 10% of the sale price.
NO guarantees on animals.
ECBC show rules apply
Animals must be priced prior to show.
Each rancher may enter 1 animal per show as “Not For Sale”.

Show Chair: Bob Ducey, 720-333-1222
(Day of show, additional cell 970-481-8650, Calista Beitz)

Lunch available – donations accepted and appreciated.

LaQuinta is located 1 block west of I-25 on the south side of Hwy. 14 (also known as Mulberry Street).
Use I-25 exit 269B.
West of the overpass, turn left onto the frontage road and drive west to enter the hotel lot.

We look forward to seeing many old and new friends for a GREAT time!!!

Last edited:
C'mon -- if you're close, please plan to attend.

Chinchilla folk are the BEST, and a good time is guaranteed for all!!!

See some gorgeous animals, talk to experts, socialize with others who share your love of chinchillas, win some cool raffle prizes!!!

If you are new, please don't be shy...I had never been to a show before I owned my first 2 chinchillas. Everyone there is delighted to share their knowledge with you -- you will NOT be made to feel unwelcome

It's a whole new world, and we have 2 Junior Breeders who are very involved, so if you are a younger person, get your parents to bring you. They can talk to other parents and you can visit with the younger set.

These shows are NOT just for breeders and ranchers. ECBC (Empress Chinchilla Breeder's Cooperative) is very interested in getting new chinchilla people involved, including "just pet" owners -- they are becoming more and more important as more people become involved.

As a pet only owner, I am always very thankful for the ranchers who made it possible for us to have chinchillas for pets.

So, please think about it and plan to join us!!!

Feel free to post any questions here. As I always say, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!!!

Hope to see you there...

Hey ladies! I haven't heard anything from your show chair, so I went ahead and copied the details for your show that are posted here to a PDF. It's uploaded onto the Empress website now! I hope you guys have a great turn out! Good luck!

Hey ladies! I haven't heard anything from your show chair, so I went ahead and copied the details for your show that are posted here to a PDF. It's uploaded onto the Empress website now! I hope you guys have a great turn out! Good luck!

Thanks, Tabitha!!!

We know many people decide at the last minute, but still, I would LOVE to have the extra exposure!!!

I think I'm going to try to make it to the show this year! I'm just a pet owner, but I'd love to come check it out and see how things work.

I have a quick question since this will be my first show. Are there vendor booths, or is this strictly for judging? Thanks!

GREAT!!!

We'd love to have you join us!!!

In years past, we have have not had vendor booths or tables, but if you need supplies, a couple of people carry dust and pellets.

Post what you need here and I'll try to get you in touch with someone who might be able to bring it.

Also, after coming and chatting with everyone, you may like the things they are using and find out where they get theirs.

Come early if you want to be able to watch the grooming and chat with people before the show. Have a sweater/jacket/vest even if it is a beautiful October Colorado blue skies day -- we keep it cool in the show room for the chins.

Looking forward to seeing you there...

GOOD MORNING, CHIN SHOW LOVERS!!!

It's a perfect day for a chin show!!! Love the cooler temps and the roads are clear, so I hope to see many of you shortly!!!

If you have no plans for today, why not come by and check us out...gorgeous chins, fine, fun, experienced chin folks, door prizes and a good time are guaranteed for all!!! ;)

Back