Sasha

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leni

Hardcore Fleece Addict
Monday afternoon I was heading out to my car to get my ipod when I hear this long squeaky meow. Looking around, I notice in the bushes near my car a tiiiiny tortie kitten. She was dirty and skinny and her tummy was swollen. I picked her up and took her to the shelter. I noticed her nose was runny and she was sneezing. When I got to the shelter they said they were full and they don't have a vet on staff and since she was sick it was probably going to make it that much harder to adopt her out, and she'd probably be euthanized. She was sitting on my lap and at that moment looked up at me and just purred and I knew I couldn't let that happen. So I took her to my vet.

She got diagnosed with a URI and worms. Got some antibiotics to fight off any secondary infections, some nose drops for the congestion, and dewormer as well as some flea treatment. I'm supposed to bring her back in 2 weeks to see how she's doing and start her on some monthly heartworm/flea preventative. She's eating great and playing like crazy and she is suuuuuper attached to me. Even taking her medicine she purrs. When the vet was trying to listen to her she was purring so loud she could hardly hear anything else. She is a sweet girl :)

I've cleaned her up some and she's isolated in my bathroom. I'm following strict handwashing procedures and I change clothes between handling her and my other guys. I save my time with her for last so I don't risk more cross contamination. In a few days she is already doing a lot better. No sneezing and hardly any congestion today. They estimated she's about 6-7 weeks old. Quite the trooper. I'm glad I decided to take her in. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSCF0388.jpg
    DSCF0388.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF0389.jpg
    DSCF0389.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF0390.jpg
    DSCF0390.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Sasha.jpg
    Sasha.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 101
pretty baby, It is kitten season again so there are alot of cats and kittens in the shelter . Thank you for giving her a home.

Thanks guys. I know there is a huge cat and kitten overload in shelters. I just couldn't resist that little face, especially since she's so helpless. You really do bond especially close to the ones you have to nurse back to health. I know when Jemma had ringworm and I had to treat her for it she definitely bonded with me and now lets me cuddle her all the time. Now Sasha is the same way, when my husband comes to check on her she hides in the corner but if it's me she immediately purrs and comes right up to me. She hangs on to my pant leg when I'm about to leave because she doesn't want to let me go. Too cute

OMG! She is sooo cute! I would have kept her, too! It's too bad animal shelters are so overloaded and can't help out more. It is sad to hear the first word out of their mouth is euthenize. I had recently found a litter of abandoned stray kittens, newborns, and the shelter told me they couldn't help them out, they would have to euthenize them. I decided to keep them and try to help them out, but in the end, I believe they had been born prematurely and all died. The mother stray had also suffered a prolapsed uterus and died as well. It so sad. But your story has a happy ending! Thank you for taking her in and giving her a 2nd chance!

Your a sucker just like me! That's similar to how we got our Pit/Lab/Sharpei Heinz 57 mutt! Black dogs, and pits of any mix aren't popular at our shelter and we knew what his outcome would probably be so he's still here 2 yrs later! BEST dog we ever had!
Congrats on the new kitty!

I have SUCKER invisably tattooed on my head too. I have two tiny kittens I am taking care of because they were found outside and just "NEEDED" me, lol

Latest posts

Back