Saline eye rinse?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillygizmo

My kids have 4 feety's
Tilly has chronic watery eyes that have been treated for an infection even thought they didn't think thats what it was (got better for a bit because they were being rinsed out) yet consistently water after a bath and randomly during play time. She has been checked for teeth issues also. I feel bad because she is uncomfortable but if it is a dust or hay irritation, all I can do is try to rinse them. What type of saline rinse can I use (people saline drops or special pet ones) and will one drop suffice? Thank you!!

P.S. it is really cute because when the tears dry around her eyes, the baby Gizmo will clean it for her :)

I have a chin with a blocked tear duct and his eye is always leaky. I have to wash his eye after every dust bath. We use the store bought Artificial Tears that were given to us by the woman we got him from.

Maybe your chin just has the same issue. I was told they could try and flush it but that it was risky and he is not bothered by it, and he is good about the drops, so there is no need to put him under to do something that isn't even guaranteed to help him.

Back