Sage & Stasis

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the warm wishes guys...
i just wanted to add that since starting the new antibiotic last week i also started adding a quarter cap per day of milk thistle & dandelion extract capsules into her syringe feed for added liver support as well as a tinny bit of goji berry extract for a bit of extra 'umph' towards better health.
also i have been grinding up fresh alfalfa for a bit of extra fresh yummy protein and vitamins :)

So i thought i would give an update on sage!
She is doing SO well right now, we are almost done with eye drops, and she has regained her strength and pings off the walls in our hall way, dusts like a crazy monkey, and runs all over me!
AND she starting to eat from the dish, both pellets and hay! i also have evidence she drank from the water bottle ... but haven't seen it yet to be sure.
she has not peed on herself in a good 2 weeks at least, uses her litter box... or some times a corner of choice lol
she's just happy! i swear its like some one replaced her with a new chin! if you saw her you wouldn't believe this is the same chin from a month and a half ago!
:dance3::dance3:

ohhhh and even tho in these pics you can tell shes not feeling well, they are still incredibly cute as she cuddles her stuffed seal buddy.
her seal was my substitute for the other girls who she has been separated from through this whole ordeal.
oh, also note the light colored poops in this pic. poor girl!
1062.jpg

1038.jpg

1040.jpg

soo i thought i would give a little update on Sage and her progress.
She is fully out of Stasis (YAY!) and have not had a small poop or mucussy poop issue for over a month now! :D and no bloat!
however her eye on the other hand has not been curred... im a little discouraged, but its time for another trip to the vet and a new diff round of meds... perhaps Baytril and a diff eye drop in conjunction? *sigh*

but on the plus side we are FINNALY gaining weight from 500g now going up and was at 510ish yesterday. Sage is eating LOTS of hay now and eating a good amount of pellets on her own :)
she is so bouncy you would never think any thing had happend!
its also incredible how much we bonded over this time... in the middle of play time when she gets bored she will come snuggle next to my face and ended up falling asleep yesterday (SOO adorable) i never expected to have a cuddle bug chin who would sleep cuddled up to me :)
I love my little girl, and boy am i glad she came out of this one bouncing <3

Back