Safe Bath House ideas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ciccio

Hi All,
We have the Superpet bath house for Don Ciccio and he really likes it, but it wobbles and also because of it being plastic, we wanted something else that he could be left alone in for a while for his dust bath while left in the cage.

We found a glass candy jar at Target for only $5 that works well.

http://www.target.com/p/Small-Glass-Penny-Jar-with-Metal-Lid/-/A-10969251

What other non-plastic dust bath ideas do you folks have for your chins?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Don Ciccio-bathbowl.jpg
    Don Ciccio-bathbowl.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 31
I have that exact candy jar for my girls. I find it a little too small but I haven't found anything else to replace it yet.

i use the superpet bath house.
we've also used a glass dish before with a box on top of it, so dust didn't go everywhere.

The glass jars are good but the Super Pet bath house is perfectly fine and probably on of the best. There should be no worries with chewing as you don't want to leave it in the cage for longer than 15-20 minuets.

I don't give my chin his bath in his cage, I let him have it during play time. Is that bad? Now I'm wondering.

I only give Chia her bath in the bathroom lol. I hate the dust, it's so messy and gets in all the little cracks and is SO hard to clean, I prefer to plunk the bath house down (works as an amazing playtime carrier too) in the bathtub and then rinse it down with the shower head when she's back in her cage. Works wonders for me!

my boys get their dust baths while they are out for play time. i don't dust in the cages as that can get dust all over the hay, feed, and water bottle.

i use a large stainless steel mixing bowl, and have put an upside down cardboard box over it, with a doorway cut. the box is a good bit bigger than the dust bowl. keeps a lot of dust from flying everywhere!

Thanks for all the ideas!

I don't give my chin his bath in his cage, I let him have it during play time. Is that bad? Now I'm wondering.

No i think a playtime bath is definitely better. We prefer that as well, we just wanted an option in case he needed a bath when we didnt have time to take him out. Ciccio tries to chew the Superpet during play time, which is fine because we can just shoo him away.

We just wanted a non-plastic option for the cage for those few times we couldn't take him out and couldn't watch him so closely. Even for only 15 minutes, I think he might try to chew it. Also, the glass seems much easier to clean

Cute. I have the standard metal dust bins and a large stainless steel dog bowl for mine. I have also used larger stainless steel pots in a pinch and find that for my chins, the bigger the better as then they can both climb in and bathe at the same time instead of rolling on top of each other.

Back