Rusted clips?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dusty&Zia

I went out to office max today while we were running around and managed to buy some clips. I heard people often times used them with their fleece products. However, after I washed them and laid them out to dry (on a couple papertowels), when I came back to check on them, the hinges (?) were rusted (?) I have a picture that might help. It's just the hinge that changed color, nothing else. So the actual clip itself isn't rusted (?)

I cleaned them in water and vinegar, and honestly, I'm not sure what type of material they're made of. All I know is that people here use them. I asked my mom if they'd still be usable, and she said yes, but I still have a little doubt of suspicion. Thanks for your help everybody!
EDIT: They look just like the clips on Camphorchins :)

clips2.png

Last edited:
I think they'd be fine. Make sure they are the right kind of metal, though.

There are so many breeders with runs/cages rusted from slightly to severely, so I can't see why it would be any different.

Thanks so much for replying! I was debating whether or not to use them the whole evening. They aren't plated anything, so that wouldn't be much of a problem. I've read from various places that the people bought the same clips from the same store, but I'm going to continue the research some more. Thanks for your input!

think you should be fine...just keep an eye on it...it's in such a small and secluded area-so take a breath...it's all good:heart3::dance3:

Alright, thanks you guys for the advice! I don't want anything bad to happen to my first "chin child"

Back