Runs on wheel and squeals?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrynight0621

Every night our 2 year old Wally runs on his wheel. He'll run and run up to quite a high speed. Once or twice a night, he will start squealing while running fast. His squeal will occur in a 5 to 10 second burst, and then we won't hear it again for a while. Usually it wakes us up.

This is not a bark, nor a contact call. It is not a kack.

What on earth is he doing and why??

I just love the midnight scream and run, LOL, I think its a scream of joy sorta like when kids run and play.

I would agree. He is just expressing his joy at being able to run as fast as he wants. If it were hurting him, he'd stop.

Oh. My. God. If he is screaming from joy then that is the CUTEST darn thing I've heard of. I remember being a kid and taking off screaming and giggling as a ran or rolled down a hill! What fun! I bet that's what it is!

Last edited:
awe well I am glad to hear he is just happy!!

We nicknamed it his "battle cry" because it reminds us of how people yell and run in war movies, haha

Awww.

Oh, man. You shouldn't have mentioned calling it his "battle cry." Now I'm totally picturing a little chinchilla on a wheel running as fast as he can and screaming "Chaaaaaarge!" in a squeaky happy voice. Hahah!

Latest posts

Back