Runs, colonies, or pairs?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRSimpson

Hey everyone,
First of all I apologize if this belongs in the housing section I tried to make an educated guess as to which category to out this in and figured it has more to do with breeding, technically. So anyways, here it goes! I know that pros and cons of each breeding set up is available on various sites including old forum posts here, but I would like to hear from all of your experiences. Both for myself and I thought it might be fun for others to read or learn from if they come across this site doing their own research. If you would like I would love to know the following from any breeders, big or small.

1. Which set up do you use, runs, colonies pair etc, and why? Why does this at up work best for you personally/ why do you choose it?
2. Have you ever tried another set up? What were your experiences with it?
3. If you had to pick one con or downside to your set up what would you say it would be?

Please also feel free to share anything else on the topic! I can't wait to hear from you. Thanks in advance!:)

Back