Rough fur

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NommyCakes

My new chinchilla has smooth fur but there are some rough spots on her. I give her dust baths but it's not going away. She doesn't seem to be fur chewing..I ink its dirt or something. What do I do since dust baths don't work on the icky stuff?

I am using blue cloud. When I bought the chinchilla her fur was already a little rough on a spot

Can you take a picture so that those with more experience can see what you're talking about and tell you what it is?

Hmm..I can't send the pictures :X. I don't know why. It just seems like icky stuff. Can I just wipe it down with a wet cloth?

Are you sure its a SHE!? :huh: Boys will sometimes get "icky stuff" in their fur..

What do you mean by matted? :O

Matted fur is fur that is tangled up. Here is a picture that I borrowed from Crysta. Mats aren't typically this large.
IMG_1561.jpg

The fur with the icky stuff is dry. When I bought her from ValleyView Chinchillas the health check-up went fine. The fur is just clumped and has some icky stuff on it. I tried wiping it down but she won't let me. I don't think it's any sickness or anything, it just bothers me that her fur has that stuff on it.

Is she the only chinchilla you have? You can use unscented baby wipes to try to wipe it out. Otherwise, more dusting and a good chinchilla comb will take it out. Where are you located? San Diego?

I really can't see anything because of the lighting and how fuzzy the picture is. If it's just sticky or clumpy spots, use some unscented baby wipes to try and clean it up a bit.

Is your other chin a female? I'm just asking because Valley View is not known to be reputable, so I wouldn't want you breeding your female under the wrong impression from them. ;)

Back