Rosehips

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satprohas

Hi! I was wondering how many rosehips a chinchilla can have in one day. I heard that you can give them unlimited amounts but that doesn't seem right.

Ours get 1 rosehip in the morning, dried herb and flower supplement at night 3 times a week, and occasional other treats like individual dried herbs and flowers (have dandelion right now), oatmeal, or sugar free cereal the other nights. Wood, hay, and pellets are unlimited as they finish them off. They are horrible beggars and probably get a little more treat than they should but it's healthy stuff and they still eat their pellets and hay. I got katsu to stop begging for 2days while he destroyed a large woven willow basket. Good thing they are cheap. They have a chunk of loofah now because they were chewing the finish off the FN bars. A section is all rough. I hear someone eating their wooden house right now.

Ok, thank you! Would it be the same with seagrass? I also found something called a seagrass knot and was wondering how many I could give them of those!

I bought some seagrass knots from Whimsy, and my boys love them; not sure about quantity allowed however, so I just give them one every few days to be safe.

Back