Room Temperature 70 PLUS FANs?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hkkjstwcl

I recently experienced TWO big poweroutage in my apartment. Each one lasted more than two days. Toward the end of the event of the secont outage, power came back partially. We could turn some lights on, but not air conditioner. Temperature was about 75. So, I put ice bottles in the cages, and also bought two fans.
Now the power is back on fully, and the room temperature is back down to 70. I am still putting the fans in front of the cages.

It seems that my chins tend to lie around near the fans. Is that possible? Is the constant wind good or bad for them?

Please let me know.

Last edited:
I would not aim fans directly at the chins. First, it does no good. Since a chin can't sweat, it can't cool off from a fan. If your apartment is hot, all you are doing is blowing hot air around. Secondly, we constantly preach not to have a chin in drafts. By putting them in front of a blowing fan it's like one huge draft and, IMO, a URI waiting to happen.

Drafts meaning cooler air blowing across them, generally in the winter; however, just sitting there having hot air blow in their faces could, IMO, cause the same type of thing to happen.

I live really close to you and we lost power twice as well. Both times our apartment heated up really fast and we had to pack up shop and chin and go to a hotel room. Sigh!:banghead:

Back