Roo is at it again!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercynursie

Momma's little Roo boy stopped eating/drinking on Saturday and passing small mouse size poos.Began hand feeding,tummy massages,mylicon and generic Reglan(left over from last episode) immediately.Got in to see vet today and of course Dr B wasn't on duty(back in Wednesday).Vet that saw him admitted not being extremely familiar with chins but she did give him a once over.Of course teeth were checked visually with otoscope with very little success. I had already let her know about gasing/x-ray/scoping. I feel like he has something irritating his mouth/throat. No drooling,sneezing or discharge but one in awhile he stretches his neck out during the feedings.Tummy soft no bloat but still tiny dry poos. Vet decided to treat as Dr B had before-subq fluids at office,oral reglan 0.25 ml twice a day, choramphenicol 0.5ml twice a day and continue force feeding and mylicon.I have been mixing in probiotic capsule powder with the syringe feedings.He does get to breathing rapidly when stressed which does concern me. Vet did also recommend liquid acidophilos for him.Bought some at health food store.Little concerned about sugar(25mg in 2 tablespoons) but I only gave him 1ml and he loves it.Feeding went much better with it too,just dipped syringe tip once in awhile.He won't get the liquid acidophillus for 2 hr before or after the antibiotic.Tummy massages continue.Can the experts here suggest anything else I should be doing? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

No comments or suggestions sorry, I just wanted to say that I hope your lil guy gets better soon xxxxx

Latest posts

Back