Rodeos.....Yay or Nay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, roping calves and slamming them to the ground when you're in a field or on a ranch is completely different than if you're in a arena. I can understand why that would be considered enjoyable, since it is a skill thats learned and perfected, however its not entertainment to me.
Bull fighting or the "running" of the bulls is completely wrong, IMO and serves no purpose whatsoever. I always feel very sorry for the terrifed bull and get a sense of satisfaction if it happens to take a few people out along the way. :hallow2:

I always feel very sorry for the terrifed bull and get a sense of satisfaction if it happens to take a few people out along the way.

Bulls don't know fear. When you shoot one the rest run up to see what happened. They're genetically hard wired to confront things that would normally trigger a fear response.

I enjoy some rodeos, and I really enjoy watching the mutton busting. :D Some treat their animals really well and others don't.

I love rodeos. Of course, I grew up on a cattle ranch and I did and still do barrels and roping from time to time. My friends rope and bull ride so I go to a lot of places to watch and help out. It may see rough when they slam the calves down, but they are tough creatures and there's no real way to be gentler with it but they are as gentle as they can be. They can actually get penalty points if they are too rough or if they use the calf to help themselves get up, so they try to be extremely careful.

I just went to a rodeo on Saturday and Sunday and they treated the animals really well. Most of the animals provided here for the local rodeos are provided by local ranchers who need their animals to be in tip top shape so they can make money. One of the bucking horses smacked her head on the bars of the bucking chute when she was being loaded. Her eye prolapsed. Immediately they stopped tying in the rider and let the horse out and actually performed surgery on her in a stall right then and there.

There is a place in cave creek that does bull riding every Friday night. I ride past the bulls every day and they are very happy. They are always out there exercising them and they feed them really well.

I will agree, there are some rodeos that are really sketch and I personally don't think they take care of their animals, but all the ones I have been to take pride in their animals and treat them like gods. Healthy and happy animals to them= Money.

I've been to a Rodeo before and it was fun, but I don't agree with bull riding, bull fighting, or saddle bronc, as well as horse racing for that matter. I thought the barrel racing and team penning events were fun and harmless. I've participated in a team penning event and its fun for the horses and the cows just ran around, no one hurt them so I don't think they were too traumatized haha.

Bulls don't know fear. When you shoot one the rest run up to see what happened. They're genetically hard wired to confront things that would normally trigger a fear response.

That doesn't really change the fact that the bulls are often mistreated and even tortured at these type of events. I know it depends on the people involved/who is hosting it but I've seen too many bulls running while on fire to be okay with that type of event.

Latest posts

Back