Robbins Lumber pine bedding?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chin_gal

Me? Addicted?
Long time no see! :wave3:

I have a question for you guys. I went to the feed store today, the same one I always go to, to get the same bedding I always get. It's always kiln dried white pine shavings that come in a white bag. Well, today, I noticed that when they carried it to the car, it was in a clear bag. They informed me that it was the same bedding I've been getting, so I didn't question it. Well, now that I'm home I see that my other bag says 'Haskell Lumber Company', while this one is 'Robbins Lumber'. This says no where that it's kiln dried, nor can I find anything online that says it's kiln dried. Does anyone know about this bedding and if it's safe to use? The bag simply says 'Robbins Lumber Pine Shavings', and nothing else.

Thanks for any help! :))

From what I've read and learned about most shavings that are sold for animal bedding is that it is kiln-dried but I would suggest that you call them and ask to make sure. Their phone number is in the link...

http://www.rlco.com/products.php?category_id=&id=40

When I googled Robbins Lumber, I found this...

Robbins Lumber produces lumber from white pine.... Following this initial storage, the boards are sent through the drying kilns and then to a dry storage. From dry storage, the boards go to the computerized planer mill.... The wood waste from the process is either used on-site or sold. The sawmill waste is conveyed and sized. The sawdust is either sold or used as boiler fuel. Slabs are chipped and the chips are sold. An enclosed hammer mill for bark processing is located at the site and the bark is sold as land mulch. The wood waste from the planing operation is shredded for boiler fuel and the shavings are sold.

Back