Right type of fleece

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laluvschins

Hi guys!!! Im about to line the bottom of my couch with fleece but wanted to make sure I get the right kind. Is it Blizzard fleece that is best?? Thank you so much! :)

Yes, I believe Blizzard anti-pill fleece is the best. It has to be anti-pill because it doesn't have those little balls that form after being washed.

Thought I would add to this thread... Blizzard fleece is on sale right now at Joann's for 70% off (around $4 a yard). Anti-pill fleece is also on sale, but not as much (around $9 a yard). I bought anti-pill fleece last time, but I'm thinking of giving Blizzard a try this time instead since it's on sale. Is Blizzard also anti-pill? If not, has anyone tried Blizzard vs. anti-pill?

Fleece doesn't have long strands like other fabrics, so less risk of getting stuck in intestines or wrapped around a limb. If your chins are chewing it though, it should be removed, it's still not good for them to ingest it.

They have been picking and pulling at the material under my couch. I thought hy putting this liner under the couch would be better. I've already put a sheet under he couch so they can't pull the carpet fibers. I have a lot if wood chews under there as well just cause I know they like to go under the couch but even at that I'm still constantly watching them with a flash light. I thought about completely blocking it off but I think they get excitement going under there. Its stapled all underneath the couch plus the legs have the fleece around them too. I don't think they can do much damage now. They were also putting teeth marks on the legs of the couch. Afraid that was bad for them too! Talk about some major chin proofing... smh! Lol!

My boys love it under the couch too. We have the wall lined with cardboard and frequently flip the couch to make sure they aren't pulling the fabric off the bottom. Luckily the legs are metal, so they can't chew them. There's always a stash of sticks under the couch, they "steal" them from the box during playtime and hide them under there. They also hide hay and pellets under the couch too, sometime I think they would rather live under there than in their cages. I always sit on the floor while they're out to play, and usually have the flashlight ready too. lol

As ridiculous as it is, we have a bunch of old fleece blankets shoved under the furniture that Sigma isn't really allowed to go under since he has an issue with chewing the bottom of the furniture. But he's made a game of tug-o-war with trying to pull the fleece free. It keeps him entertained, and he often will pull a piece out, then look at me as if I need to shove it back in for him to try again.

I wish Sigma was more of a fleece lover. I've ordered him sooo many fleece items- he really doesn't use them all that much. I rarely see him voluntarily hang out in one. He mostly just chills in his wooden house. I think when winter comes around, he might like the fleece items better... hopefully!

But I'll probably be stocking up on that stuff this weekend. Can't ever have too much fleece!

Latest posts

Back