Returning the grooming favor?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kateinspace

I ♥ Willow :)
Whenever I scritchy Willow and stop, he nibbles my hand lightly, is this him grooming me back or getting mad cuz I stopped? :p

I always think that it's them grooming back... Bess will do that to me, or just nibble at the thicker skin on my knuckles.

Just watch out if he tries to groom your eyebrows... cause you won't have any left!

Tinkerbell does the same thing. We go back and forth we me giving her scritches, and her grooming my hand, my arm, my feet...whatever is closest to her!

I always took that as a loving gesture! Even though it probably doesnt feel as good to us as it does for them!

I agree. I guess Trixie felt I needed a lot of grooming last evening when I had her out for play. She sat on my head grooming my hair...and then onto the picture on my shirt,

Several of my chins groom me in return. Roo will sit on my shoulder and groom my hair and eyebrows all the time...but he does expect scritches in return. ;)

Latest posts

Back