Results of Bella's vet appointment

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She needs at least 60ml a day, most need upward of 100ml a day to maintain weight. I feed 3 times a days, 30ml per feeding if dealing with anything but gut issues.

even if she is eating some hay on her own? she isn't eating very much hay but every now and then she will go to her food and eat some of the hay.. She will not touch the pellets though.

even if she is eating some hay on her own? she isn't eating very much hay but every now and then she will go to her food and eat some of the hay.. She will not touch the pellets though.

Were you able to get a scale yet to weigh her? That's going to be crucial in marking her progress. Yes, even if she's eating a bit on her own you need to increase the hand feeding to atleast 60ml a day.

I haven't been able to get a scale yet. it is on my ever growing todolist lol. Between feeding bella every few hours, work, and trying to get what sleep I can I haven't had the time really. Bella has turned into a second fulltime job. I have the schedule worked out with my boyfriend to ensure she gets fed often enough.. It really helps that he is able to feed her before he goes to work and then I come home 4 hours later and can feed her then. I will up the CC.

Bella is doing much better. She is eating and drinking on her own for the most part (with the exception of med time). Yesterday was her last day on Bactrim and today is her last day on Metacam. I will continue to monitor her vigilantly to be sure that she continues to eat and drink and be happy.

Thank you all for the advice!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 0714111401.jpg
    0714111401.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back