Rest in peace my sweet Kendra

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockka

I woke up this morning to find my sweet mosiac chin dead. It looked like she just fell asleep. I took a good look at her body teeth and I couldn't find anything I missed. It's been a very sad day for me. She was only 3 years old. :(
She was housed with a older chin Cindy. Cindy is 8 years old. I took everything out and cleaned and scubbed inside and outside of the cage incase it was something cantagious. Poor Cindy. Everytime i walk past her cage I can tell she is looking for Kendra. Would it help her if I put a stuffed animal in her cage?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I woke up this morning to find my sweet mosiac chin dead. It looked like she just fell asleep. I took a good look at her body teeth and I couldn't find anything I missed. It's been a very sad day for me. She was only 3 years old. :(
She was housed with a older chin Cindy. Cindy is 8 years old. I took everything out and cleaned and scubbed inside and outside of the cage incase it was something cantagious. Poor Cindy. Everytime i walk past her cage I can tell she is looking for Kendra. Would it help her if I put a stuffed animal in her cage?

I'm so sorry, losing a pet is so hard!
This is my fear when one of my guys passes, as they are housed together as well. I'm not an expert on if it actually helps, but I always planned to get a chin buddy to put in their cage when one passes away, Alot of people by them for single chins, and I know someone who bought one after a cage mate passed and they snuggled upto it alot. I think it will be a good idea to get one.
Again so sorry for you and Cindy.

I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your chin. I know you must feel heartbroken :( Spend some extra time with Cindy to help fill the void, and a cuddle buddy might help, too. RIP Kendra

I am so sorry too :(

Just to clarify, a cuddle buddy is not a stuffed animal. It is a special animal you can get from people on here that is chinchilla-safe.

Thank you! I am heartbroken! The thought of getting another one has went through my mind today and there are so many that need a good home out there. First I have to get over Kendra. :(
Where do I purchase one a cuddle buddy? Any suggestions on who sells them?

Only 3 years old?! AW! I'm so sorry for you loss. Losing a chin is always so hard. I hope you and Cindy both recover well.

Thank you! I am heartbroken! The thought of getting another one has went through my mind today and there are so many that need a good home out there. First I have to get over Kendra. :(
Where do I purchase one a cuddle buddy? Any suggestions on who sells them?

Annie (Annieo) makes and sells them. I know others do, too.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I do have a buddy on it's way for Cindy. :) Cindy keeps looking at me. It reminds me of when she was a kit and I first got her. The look of confusion and unsureness but we are going to be ok. :) I have been giving her extra run time and stiches.

Latest posts

Back