Reputable breeders...USA?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacd061506

I was wondering if there is a list of breeders for here in the US? I randomly have someone email me from another state that "they can't find a breeder in their area" and would like me to ship them a baby. I would like to be able to give them a listing of breeders from their state as I can't help them...I don't have many babies and I don't ship them!

I know Riven has a Ranch Brand list but it doesn't say where most breeders are located.

That's kind of what I was looking for, though it's listing just members on here, some have no way of contacting them unless they too become members. I was hoping for a list that inclueded websites or emails so that they can be contacted by people outside of the site. Anyway, thanks for the link.
The person who just contacted me is from KY so if there is anyone who is in KY and has a chinchilla for sale please PM me.

Where in KY? I might be able to meet them somewhere depending on how far (I am in Tennessee)...I have several for sale in the classifieds...

I don't think you have to be a member of this forum to read any of the posts. They can browse without actually joining.

OH yeah! Lol I completly forgot about the MCBA and ECBC!!

I will email them the links, Thanks!!

I did refer them here, and said there are several people from KY and surrounding areas that they could contact through here! Hopefully they will join us!!

Speaking of breeders, I've saw that TLC Chinchillas is in MN. Can anyone tell me if they have a website or at least what city they are in? I would love to get in touch with more local hobby breeders and ranchers vs out of state.

The MCBA and ECBC magazines also have breeder listings in the back by state, and contact info for all state chapters or branches. The state chapters/branches can often refer inquiries to someone within that state.

I believe you have to pay an extra $5 or something to be listed in those breeder directories so technically there may be breeders who are in the area and members not listed there. I know I am not listed for Tennessee, but I am still a MCBA member...

That's correct, you have to pay an annual fee to be listed in the directories. I do not show up for California, because I did not pay the fee.

Yes, there is a fee to be listed on the website as well as the paper newsletter, for both groups.
If any members are interested in being listed - I handle that for MCBA, so just let me know if you have questions. Or if you are interested in being a member as well! :)

Latest posts

Back