renting a chinchilla?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellemonster

i know i shouldnt look on craigslist but i was just kind of looking around at cute animals when i found this little gem of a post.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pet/2909653739.html

basically the person is saying they will rent there chinchilla out to homes. 100 bucks for the first month then 25 every month after? basically the person is trying to make as much money as they can off of there pet.

I can honestly say I've never heard of that.......:huh:

Just my opinion, but that doesn't sound like a caring pet owner; it sounds like he's more concerned about money than his chin. Poor little thing.

Oh, and don't feel bad, I look at Craigslist ALL the time, ;)

yeah i saw the post and i have to admit i was a bit perplexed. what kind of loving pet owner would rent there animals out? i think they are trying to get as much money as possible from this poor chinchilla and the guinea pig. i bet all the supplies arnt good for them either.

craigslist is like a drug. you dont want to but you cant stop yourself.

It's brilliant! Until the first family that "rents" the pet kills it and you have to explain to your kids how you prostituted their pets.

That is just wrong!!!

That poor animal, never knowing when it is safe or is going to be snatched out of its cage by some random person. I don't know too many chins that would be adept at adjusting to a new person/place/routine all the time.

It makes me think they were renting it out for husbandry/mating without actually saying so? I didn't read the ad, it was already flagged for removal. What morons. LIke Gorilla said, wonder what happens when its rented to someone without a single clue and kills the poor thing? :(

Have you ever wanted to have a Chinchilla or Guinea Pig but not want to buy the cage, equipment, supplies, food? O yea, Chinchilla's can live for around 20 + years and Guinea Pigs can live for 5 years or more.

We love our animals. Our kids are willing to let another good quality home enjoy either one, or both animals for awhile.

We would "rent" one or both of them out to another good home for $100 each for the first month and $25 for each month there after. Price includes use of the cage and all accessories and enough food for the first month.

Pictures available upon request. They are both very sweet and good looking animals.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------
thats what the ad said. it keeps showing up on mine that it isnt flagged.

I would never put any pet through that kind of stress. Whenever the chin would adjust to his new surroundings, he would be taken away and thrown into another house :( That's not the way any animal should live, shame on the person who thought it was a good idea to use there pet as money like that.

I'm just speechless about this one. I've never heard of rent-a-pet before... Poor chin and guinea pig. I'm glad it got flagged.

That's just stupid! it's just mind boggling how greedy people can become in the expense of another living animal! What next he's going to rent out his kids too!?

I'm seriously repulsed by this.. and I agree with beemarie, I could totally see them renting out their kids..

"Want kids but don't want the responsibility of actually parenting them? We love our kids, too! So pay us a nominal fee and you can rent them out for a month or two."

-__-; Sigh.. can't stand the stupidity of some people..

someone should reply and fake an address for the pet
and vanish with the newly obtained chin =D

Back