Remote Temp Monitoring

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin Dad

My biggest fear is that while I am at out of the home is that the power will go out or the AC will break down and hurt my Chin. Is anyone using something like this. Can recommend something to remotely monitor the temperature over the web or with a smart phone so I can be notified and run home to rescue the Chin. Sure I can Google it but then the info would not be here to help others :tease:

Probably one of the cheapest ways to do that would be to set up a webcam pointed at the thermometer and use one of those webcam streaming sites like Livestream.com to broadcast the video of the thermometer in the room. You wont get a warning but you should be able to use any computer or smartphone to just view the cam online where ever you are so long as you have internet access.

Ive thought about this myself, every time I am out and a bad thunderstorm comes rolling through. I usually just end up coming home... just in case.

Back