remedy for slightly drier poops

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumby and Elmo

I noticed today, Muffin's poop were slightly drier than usual, it still nice and big, color is normal, not dark at all, and still squishable, but it just seems a little drier and harder than the usual normal poops, I can't say its constipation cause she still poops crazy, she's eating and playing normally.
Is there anything I can give to her to soften those poops up a bit, I have the critter be better supplement feed and the syringe feed from Tanya on hand, would that help?
would acidophilus help too?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You could try some of Tanya's syringe feed... but also try to keep her hydrated. I know my boys gt harder/drier poops when they haven't had as much water as usual (for whatever reason). See if that works before trying anything else like the acidophilus.

Oh and a little bit of Pumpkin Puree (all natural, not pie filling) might help soften them a bit too (and it's like a treat!). Again, suggested to me on here and it worked well for my boys.

Actually, acidophilus is the best thing you could give him and the least stressful. Why would you want to syringe feed him if it is not necessary? Just get some acidophius and sprinkle it on his pellets. Make sure he had plenty of fresh clean water.

Yea, I gave her some critter be better supplement feed as a treat, it has acidophilus in it, so hopefully it will help, she's drinking the normal amount of water, so I don't really know what causing her poops to become drier than usual.

Latest posts

Back