Reintroducing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazel_sweet

I'm curious to know can you reintroduce a bonded pair but started to fight? They started to fight 1 month ago. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a ferret nation cage for my birthday I dont want to separate them from top to bottom. Is it still possible? If it is possible what are some method?

I would not risk it. Chins that have started to fight are very likely to fight again. A ferret nation is ideal because you can separate them and they will both have lots of space :) One risk of having more than one chin is that they might turn on each other and it's important to do what is right for your chin's happiness and safety rather than your own preferences.

No, they will need to be separated permanently once they fight. The above poster hit the nail on the head. Do what's right for your chins, not what you want!

And if I introduce a new chinchilla to one of my chinchilla is there a age preference? Im not doing this due to my preference is because Midnight keeps on looking for Shadow no matter what. Shadow wants to be left alone but Midnight keeps on looking for him. Even when Shadow push and bit him he would stay close to Shadow. When I put Midnight out for playtime he would just stand at Shadow cage holding on the bar looking at him. And ever since I separated them Midnight do contact calls.

Latest posts

Back