rehoming babies..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellemonster

so my babies are 9 weeks old and i have to start thinking about rehoming them. even tho i would love to keep them all i just dont have as many cages as i would need if my older male wont bond with them. what im most concerned about is finding loving homes to people that will treat them right. but i dont know where to go about looking for people. my question is where do you go about doing it. and how do you know the homes you rehome them to is a good home..

If you do a search, or read through the breeding and babies section, this question has been asked and answered many times. Different people handle it differently but the way most folks do it is talk to the person you are considering adopting to, you find out what they know, are they willing to learn, and then you go with your gut. If you feel it's a good match, you adopt them out. If you don't, then you don't.

Bottom line though is once they leave your home, it's a crapshoot. You can have them sign a piece of paper that basically means nothing because it's not a legal contract. You can insist on a home visit. You can make them jump through hoops. In the end though, once they leave your home, whatever happens, happens.

Latest posts

Back