Reccomendations

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ande

I'd love to buy Chilli a wheel and some chew toys. She's a very curious chin. The playpen isn't enough for her haha. I'm hoping that sometime this week she'll have a new cage as well.

For wheels and what kind of chew toys would be best for them and where I would be able to get them at a decent price.

You can look in the "chin supplies for sale" in the chin classifieds, lots of good vendors who are members there that sell good stuff. As far as a wheel, my chins love their new chinspin from qualitycage.com but you can probably find other good wheels elsewhere just make sure it has a solid running surface, with the wired ones they can possibly break their leg.

I agree with Sandi, check the supplies thread. I have both a chinspinand a flying saucer and both wheels in my opinion are great!!

Cages, I like Martin's, Ferret Nations and Quality Cages.

You can buy toy parts and hardware from suppliers on here, and a favorite place of mine to shop is www.cabirdnerds.com.

They have a great selection of toy parts, and you can build some really fun things for your chin to destroy. If you order, make sure you let them know in the comments section of your order that the items are for a chin; they like to throw in a little freebie, and you'll want something chin safe, instead of a little plastic thing meant for a bird.

Check your local Craigslist for cages; sometimes you can find some really nice cages for way less than the retail cost of a new cage.

I'm a huge fan of the flying saucer and the chin spin. We only have flying saucers at this point but you may want to get the chin spin since it can be a little quieter.

I've been looking around and I think I don't have to worry to much about the toys and things. I should be going up to west palm to look at cages :D so I'm excited.

A quick note on the wheel...make sure it has a diameter of at least 15 inches. any smaller causes an adult chin to arch its back while running.

Latest posts

Back