Rearranging cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRSimpson

I was curious if anyone else's chins do this. I have a female in a ferret nation with a metal bass equiptment pan (it's a chin safe cage basically). Whenever I put in shavings within an hour they are on th floor but only from one section. The corner to the middle of the cage. If I put shavings from another corner there, they go out as well. She also always knocks the top off of her water bottle, it is an out of the cage one where the lid comes off for refilling. I figure she has to stick a paw out and flip it off. I often find it across the room :hilarious:

My chinchillas sometimes dig little "nests" in their bedding. It's super adorable. They also
Enjoy rearranging their non attached items such as their glass litter box, tunnels, and house.

My chins love to redecorate their cage if I haven't given them playtime in a while. Usually they'll grab the litter trays and drag them around, sometimes knocking them over and spilling the litter out. I find that just giving them playtime stops them from messing up their cage!

Sam rearranges his sleep hideaway and toys the way he likes them after I put everything back when I clean his cage. He makes a little pillow with the bedding, too, sometimes. He starts digging about when his cage is at a ripe stage, so I take that as "c'mon mom, you're late" since he only does it then.
However, lately he's been throwing his food bowl with fresh food in over to the bedding. At first he only did it because I switched brands (several months in) after finding out the pet store fiesta blend wasn't good for them at all. I started taking out the treats and slowly mixing those pellets in with a quality brand and he basically boycotted by throwing his bowl over. He has no reason to be doing it now. He does lay off for a bit after some attention like someone also explained!

Korie

Back