Really loud wheel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickster

I have a silver surfer and the wheel itself is quiet but it rattles the cage. A lot. I have a CN 162. Is there anything to quiet it down? It's in my room because it's the coolest an quietest room in the house

Can you find the noise makeing spots? in Yuki's FN, his pan rattled against the bottom of the cage, but fleece inbetween took care of that. If you can find whats causeing the noise and either tighten parts or put fabric inbetween it may help.
Yuki came with a wheel that hadn't been in his cage because he was in a bedroom near people sleeping, and putting it back in was about the first thing I did. He was so happy he jumped into the wheel while it was horizontal and I was still getting it through the cage door. (This was while I was still a scary unknown person, but there was no way he was missing another second of his wheel). We fixed it on while he was trying to run on it.

The doors are often a spot that rattles on these cages. I put those tiny felt pads used on cabinet doors on the corners of the doors to stop them from rattling. One caution though. It makes the doors a bit hard to close so you have to be extra diligent to insure they are securely closed.

Latest posts

Back