Ratties- unexpected new additions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crys12065

A few weeks ago I saw an ad on CL regarding baby rats in need of new homes or going to pet store as feeders.

I was looking at Rats but not anywhere near ready for them, I have to many cages to clean as it is! But of course I had to go see them and ended up taking 7 home, that was all I had money for. I contacted a rescue to find foster homes for them but ended up falling in love with the males so kept the 3 of them. The girls are in a nice foster home now.

I had to convert a bird cage into a rat cage because I could not afford a new cage for them.

Anyway here are my ratties- they are about 7 weeks old now
Gus Gus, Scout and Remy

ratties_027.jpg

ratties_008-1.jpg

ratties_109.jpg

ratties_190.jpg

ratties_184.jpg

Your rats are beautiful :) I used to have ratties, but had to give them to a rescue due to personal circumstances. I had fourteen rats over the years, they were wonderful pets! Mine used to love tissue boxes! It looked like something exploded in the cage when they were all done.

Aww, they are adorable! I am glad that you saved them. :)

You have the Linnie too, right?

She is sooo cute. =) I have a Parrotlet and a Red Rumped Parakeet.

Your rats are beautiful :) I used to have ratties, but had to give them to a rescue due to personal circumstances. I had fourteen rats over the years, they were wonderful pets! Mine used to love tissue boxes! It looked like something exploded in the cage when they were all done.

Aww, congrats on your ratties! And @ReneeM, mine LOVE cardboard of any kind.

They are sooooo cute! I'm so happy you could save them and could give them a great home. They look like they will be a lot of fun!

thank you everyone! I was really nervous about keeping them because of all my other animals but they stole my heart, I never knew rats were so gentle and sweet!

i have 6 rats, and they're the most loveable creatures ever.
my males won my heart as soon as i saw them for sale.
your new additions are extremely cute!

Back