Random Barking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

My chin decided to Bark the other night for no apparent reason. He was just sitting in the top of his cage when I checked on him, he wasn't hurt or in pain. Do chins just sometimes Bark for no reason?

He may have heard something or even saw something. I have a few chins that bark just to hear themselves I swear! It's rare that I figure out what exactly is the issue but it usually stops after a while.

It happens. I've had chins that would bark to get your attention and that's it. Some of mine even bark in their sleep!

My chin used to bark when her pellet dish got empty or when she wanted to play. Once I looked her way, she bounced around the cage, basically telling me 'I want out to play!'. Of course, this was cute before she started doing it at 3 AM. Her cage is in the living room now :) I kinda miss the barking.

My guy has taken to barking around 3am as well. I live in an apartment building and that's about when my neighbor gets home from work and decides it is a good idea to make as much noise as humanly possible... :banghead: anyway, I usually just let him bark it out and if he doesn't stop after 10 bouts of barking I usually go and get a glass of water and check on him, usually he'll just start bouncing around his cage and thinking it is playtime. I tell him to be quiet because "Mommy wants to sleep and you have plenty to do in there". Some times if I turn the TV on and put the sound on low he'll keep quiet and occasionally he watches the TV, he likes horror movies. Long story short, I'm pretty sure it is normal and they just want attention.

Trixie does a lot of sleep barking. I just wonder if it is something like when you see a dog "running" in its' sleep.
I have been told by my husband that her sleep barking happens a lot when I am not home.

Funnily enough I caught one of mine having Chinny nightmares I think. He made a horrific loud high pitched noise, like a squeal.
My chair was right infront of the cage, so I spun round quick whilst he was doing it - he was fast asleep!! I picked him up and gave him a cuddle.

mine use to bark, and i was so worried usually there's a reason why
i realised when he slept in my room he didnt like the dark
so after getting night light for him he stopped barking right when i fell asleep

or the other time the cookies fell off the shelf ( because it was half hanging there) meimei start to bark

they are such princesses sometimes =D

Buddha barked at me this morning because I told Nixi I loved her and he got jealous. Nixi does the same if I talk to Buddha in the morning before talking to her. It's really funny, but if I laugh at them, I get the cold shoulder. Such children!!!

Back