raisin stuck in chins hair

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milo2012

my chin has a raisin stuck in his hair. i just noticed it i tried to pull it out. of course he did not like it. can someone please help me i am new at this i do not know how i am going to get this out.

I think the best idea would be to snip it out carefully with scissors, rather then yanking patches of fur out with it. I would get someone to hold him and you clip just enough fur out to get the raisin out.

Raisins are very good treats, way to surgary for chins. Try rose rips, rolled oats, cheerio, wheetie, or extra sticks as treats ;)

Raisins are not a healthy treat for chinchillas.

A Cheerio, a small part of an unsugared bite size shredded wheat, a rose hip, an apple stick are all better and safer treats for your chinnie. Apple sticks and other chewy toys can be offered in unlimited supplies, but the food based treats should be an only once a day or so treat.

I wonder if the raisin would be easier to get out after a dust bath.

And as already said, raisins are an unhealthy choice for a chinchilla treat.

I wonder if the raisin would be easier to get out after a dust bath.

And as already said, raisins are an unhealthy choice for a chinchilla treat.

That's my thought, I'd just let the chin dust a few times and see if it comes loose.

Even with a second pair of hands I'd be way too afraid to take a pair of scissors near a chin....I know how wiggly mine can be. lol

Latest posts

Back