Quietest wheel?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daina91880

I'm sure this has been asked a million and one times, but I'm still new ;)

Has anyone had the chin spin AND the silver surfer? If so, which was quieter?

I have the girls in the living room, so they aren't where we sleep. Problem is I'm a night owl, so the loud spinning tends to cut through my quiet time. Also, my hubby is sleeping right upstairs and sound carries in our condo. (Not to mention, we share walls with neighbors.) My girls are most active around 3am, which is the worst time to wake hubs up when he has to go to work in the morning.

Of course, I don't have unrealistic goals. I know any wheel will make some noise, but the cheap wheel I bought makes a racket, and the old flying saucer is staying in their old cage for when my mom has to chin-sit.

I just need the quietest option. Any opinions are appreciated :)

Thanks!!

I have three silver surfers. The girls don't make much noise and neither does one of my males, but the other three run so hard I think they would make any wheel sound loud. I also used to have cheap petco wheels and can tell you that the surfers are at least quieter than those. lol

The Chin spin is almost silent when you spin it, however, a good bit of noise comes from Don Ciccio's feet hitting the metal surface while hopping. I think it just depends how heavy your Chin hops on the wheel.

Even when he goes hard though, its only loud when in the same room. We can barely hear it with door closed in the next room. With the Chin Spin, it helps to mount it on aluminum bars across the length of the cage, rather then screwing it directly to the cage bars.

Latest posts

Back