quick wood house question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it doesn't say. It does say safe for pets that chew. I was just wondering if anyone here used them. I appreciate your reply.

It doesn't say. It does say that it is safe for pets that chew, but that's all. Just checking to see if anyone had used them. I appreciate your reply.

I have two of those and they are safe he chews on it every day and I have seen this house in numerous pictures on here or on fb and it has no nails in there its glued :)

considering how many items petsmart both advertises and sells as 'chin safe' that are not, i wouldnt trust a word they say.
That being said, if it doesnt list the all ingredients specificly, i wouldnt touch it.

Upon examination in the store, I found this wood house to be ok for my chins. It's made from pine and is glued and pegged together. If you trust that they'll send a clean one, order it. Otherwise, go to their store and take a look at what they have on the shelf. I look at the wood for splits, splinters and crystalized sap. If you don't like what you see, don't get it. There are plenty of crafty people that can make you one you can trust.

I have this hut for my chins. One of my chins has the old, straight-sided box they sell for guinea pigs with the hole on the top. He doesn't really chew on it, just sleeps and hides in it. Miesha has had this new house for a while now and has the top edge chewed down and rounded off. No health issues over it. He loves the thing. I got him the biggest one I could find. It's the 16 X 10 X 9 one and it's big enough for three chins inside. I have the medium size for both of them for their vacation home.

Well I had already bought the house at PETsMART and so far she just uses it to bounce off off. She doesn't sleep in it and she hasn't chewed it. So I guess it is okay for now but I may end up taking it out or replacing it eventually.Thank you for all if your help and replies.

Latest posts

Back