Questions just before having a chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mutest1

1, Does chinchillas usually lose their hair as serious as a cat?

2, I love to watch music show at living room.(2-3 times a week) If I watch it with a chinchilla 9 feet away from Tv, will the chinchilla be scared?

3, If Chinchilla lives in the same room with me, will he make noise to interrupt my sleeping?

4, If I have only one male chinchilla, will it affect the chinchilla's health and will he chirp or show breeding behaviors in estrus?

Just wanna know if anyone has comments or advice. Thank you:)

1: they can. They usually shed pretty badly about 2 times a year (spring and fall)
2: No, the chinchilla will get used to everyday noises like tv, radio, ect.
3: He won't interrupt your sleep on purpose but if you are a light sleeper then I wouldn't recommend it.
4: I don't think being by itself will affect its health as long as he's well taken care of.
Hope this helped :)

1. Yes, chinchillas shed. Some only shed a little and others shed a lot.

2. Chinchillas can adapt to their environments. Plenty of people have them in their living rooms where they have TVs and stereos. It doesn't bother them.

3. They are capable of making quite a bit of noise, though not all of them do. It really depends on the cage and wheel that you have. Some cages and wheels make more noise than others.

4. Chinchillas do not need to have a buddy or a mate. Many chinchillas are only chins and do fine by themselves. The most you might see from a single male is that they sometimes like to hump you hand or arm. You can give him a cuddle buddy if this happens. Females usually show no signs of being in estrus. BTW, male do not have estrus at all; that is purely a female thing.

Back